Saturday, July 10, 2010

July.10th

Good Morning Everyone!

It's been much too long since my last update, so sit back because this might be a long one. Working at the Royal Scot is a pleasure. Now that all the discomforts of being the "new one" have diminished, my co-workers and I can start a relationship based on personality. One c0-worker and I have grown closer over the past months. Just last week she invited me to join her to Lake Cowichan where we stayed with her grandparents. Couldnt have asked for better days off.The sun was scorching and the company was grand.

The last couple of weeks have been extremely busy here at the Scot. Every shift, there is a list of tasks that need to be completed by a certain time. But due to the high volume of guests, my co-worker and I have struggled to complete the checklist. It's not a big deal if we dont finish it on time, but it's obviouse why time management is so important. Keep us from a panic when we have 70 check-ins and 50 check-outs.

For a small hotel, Im surprised how many guests we have. Especially being surrounded by several others, like the Oswego and Grand Pacific. The Sales and Marketing team clearly know what they are doing.

If I was asked what I have learnt about myself over these past months, I would have to say that one of my strong points is keeping my cool under pressure. Though, there may be a line a guests, swaying from side to side, anxious to be helped, I feel at ease and continue the steps to complete each guests needs with a smile.

Till next time,
Trenell

No comments:

Post a Comment